seek and find

Saturday, August 9, 2008

no pearls or porcelain for thousands of miles

nothing can break a gal's spirits quite like (simultaneously) 27 cockroaches, a tummy ache, 13 days of constipation and severe humidity; except all of that while attempting to calm myself with mama's advice (find the moon and know we're looking at the same one) and finding no big, blue-white ball in the sky. loneliness. sickness. confusion. small bouts of misery. hunger. exhaustion. thirst.

hold on, syddo. hold on.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Syd! You are such an incredible writer...I feel like we're there with you for a second (and I wish we were! As it is you'll have to settle for a giant air hug!) I'm thinking about you and I'm SO proud of you! I can't say it enough! Be strong Syddo! We love you so much!!